Spread Christmas Joy
I need someone to help my mom set up her new computer!
Hello! If you’re here, it’s because you have heard that I’m looking for a special person to help me out this Christmas. My mother lives in Fruitland Park. I’m giving her a new computer for Christmas.
Unfortunately, I live far away and I can’t be there to help her set it up.
Here’s a quick rundown of what she will need and how it will work:
- Coordinate with her for a good date to help her. It will likely be early in the morning as that is the best time for her. It will not be earlier than 8am.
- Go to her house (Information will be shared upon your selection as the person to help.) on the day you set up with her.
- Please don’t be late – try to be early.
- Disconnect her old computer and monitor. You should not have to do anything on the computer before you disconnect everything (Except maybe power down).
- The new computer is already set up and ready to run.
- You will need to connect her new monitor and tower. You will need to connect things like her printer, speakers and anything else that might be plugged into the back.
- Once everything is plugged in, turn it on and make sure that everything works.
- ***MOST IMPORTANT – Once the computer is up and running, you will CALL ME. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. We will need to make sure that TeamViewer and/or QuickAssist works. This way I can remote in and fix things if she needs them.
- That’s it. Once the computer is all set, and we have talked, I will pay you via the method you and I choose.